Kalijiri or black cumin (Nigella Sativa) is an ancient Indian spice that has been known to have numerous medicinal properties and health benefits. The scientific name of Kalijiri is Centratherum anthelminticum. It was known by various names such as kaala jeera, kala jeera, kala jiri, etc. Black cumin has anthelmintic, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, anti-hyperglycemic, diuretic, stomachic, anti-ulcer and blood purifying properties. This plant is one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda products online.
- Kalijiri for Weight loss: It is an excellent herb for inducing weight loss. Therefore it removes excess cholesterol from the body and aids in weight loss.
- Kalijiri for digestion: The seeds are very helpful in improving digestive health as Ayurveda product. The enzymes present in the seeds help in digestion and promotes appetite.
- Kalijiri for Blood Purification: It acts as a natural blood purifier and eliminates toxins from the body.
- Kalijiri for lowering Blood Sugar: It helps lower blood sugar levels. In other words it promotes insulin secretion from the pancreas thus combats type 2 diabetes.
- Kalijiri for Skin problems: Kalijiri is also applied externally for various skin problems. It helps reduce itching and skin irritation.
- Kalijiri for Worms and Parasite problems: It has potent anthelmintic action against worms and parasites. Thus it is effective against intestinal worms and parasitic infestation in humans.
- Kalijiri for Lactating Mothers: Kalijiri is beneficial for lactating mothers as it enhances the quality of breast milk.
- Kalijiri for Cell Repair: The antioxidant activity in Kalijiri helps repair the damaged cells rejuvenates the whole body.
- Kalijiri for Liver: It can detoxify and clean the liver. A clean liver induces weight loss, boosts the immune system and increases energy and vitality.
- Kalijiri for Menstruation: Taking Kalijiri in times of menstruation can stimulate menstrual flow, regulate irregular menstruation and eases menstrual cramps in women.
- Kalijiri for Brain power enhancement: It has a calming effect on the brain and the central nervous system. Therefore, it enhances brain power and concentration.
- Kalijiri for Respiratory Disorders: Kalijiri is also effective for respiratory disorders. Regular consumption of Kalijiri oil or black cumin oil improves the symptoms of asthma and prevents sudden onset of asthma attacks.
Although Kalijiri is one of the most common spices used in the Indian kitchen, the medicinal benefits of Kalijiri goes un-noticed. Now you can easily get the Ayurveda products online. Thus, including this ayurvedic herb in our daily diet can benefit health in numerous ways.