As coronavirus spreads in India with the number of affected cases growing each day, everyone is focusing on preventive measures to curb the spread of coronavirus until an effective cure is found. But amid all the gloom spread across the world, Ayurveda experts are stressing the use of Ayurveda for coronavirus.
Although Ayurveda is not proven to cure Covid-19 and stop the spread of coronavirus, ayurvedic experts say that the use of Ayurveda for coronavirus can be effective. As ayurvedic medicines and ayurvedic herbs like amla, tulsi, shilajit, and neem help strengthen the immune system that helps fight all the diseases including coronavirus, adding these ayurvedic herbs in our daily diet enhances the immunity and prevents the spread of coronavirus, according to Ayurveda experts. Since coronavirus mainly affects lungs and respiratory system, Ayurveda medicines that aid for good digestion like ginger and black pepper are very important in fighting off coronavirus.
According to WHO, the most effective way to prevent the spread of coronavirus is by frequently washing your hands with alcohol-based rub, eating only well-cooked food and by avoiding close crowded places where the disease could easily spread. But, ayurvedic experts claim that the symptoms of coronavirus can be treated by Ayurveda. By treating a person showing symptoms of Covid-19 with a decoction of giloy, tulsi, black pepper, turmeric and ginger, the symptoms of Covid-19 such as cough, breathing problem and fever can be reduced and it further improves the immune system
Some of the ayurvedic herbs that can boost your immunity include,
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda. It improves the body’s defense against disease by improving immunity.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a chemical compound called allicin. This, along with the antioxidants in Garlic helps the immune system fight germs and diseases.
- Ginger: Ginger is a strong antioxidant that contains various vitamins and minerals that naturally boost the immune system.
- Neem: Neem has extraordinary antibacterial properties. It boosts your immune system while clearing toxins from your body.
- Amla: Amla is a rich source of vitamin C which helps boost your body’s immunity preventing you from viral and bacterial ailments.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is considered as one of the best herbs that boost the immune system. It contains phytochemicals and anti-oxidants compounds that improve your immunity.
- Shilajit: Shilajit is rich in antioxidants that improve your body’s immunity. This fights off the harmful bacteria and viruses in your body.
Regular consumption of these ayurvedic herbs boosts your body’s immune system and keeps you healthy which in turn makes you less susceptible to catching coronavirus. This makes people choose Ayurveda for protection against coronavirus.