Ayurveda is all about a holistic lifestyle that is harmony with nature. It focuses on bringing the body in tune with nature to preserve life and prevent sickness. According to Ayurveda, diet, and environment plays a major role in our overall health. With the right diet that suits your body type, you can lead a healthy and happy life. Here are some simple ayurvedic recipes you can try at home.
1. Refreshing Turmeric smoothie
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) or Curcumin is called a golden plant in Ayurveda. It strengthens the body, improves digestion, dispels worms, and relieves gas. This extremely healthy ayurvedic herb can be used for making a refreshing smoothie loaded with all the benefits of turmeric.
Ingredients: 1 glass of coconut milk, 2 bananas, and turmeric
- Take a glass of coconut milk, add 2 bananas, and a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Now blend the mixture until smooth and serve.
2. Ayurvedic coriander oatmeal.
Coriander is a highly appreciated herb in Ayurveda. It is known for its cooling properties. Coriander seeds are good for digestion and it promotes appetite.
Ingredients: 1 cup oatmeal flakes, 2 cups water, milk, 1 carrot cut in pieces, coriander.
- Cover the carrot with water and boil on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and boil again.
- Add oatmeal flakes and coriander.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve.
3. Healing Ginger drink
Ginger (Zingiber officinale), a common ingredient in Indian cuisine is loaded with numerous health benefits. Commonly called Shunthi or Adrak, this herb has been in use in Ayurveda since ages. It aids in digestion, improves appetite, and settles an upset stomach.
Ingredients: 1 cup water, 2-inch fresh grated ginger, ½ cup lemon juice, salt.
· Blend all the ingredients until smooth and serve.
4. Ayurvedic fried sage leaves.
Sage (Salvia officinalis), a common herb in various cuisines across the world is an ayurvedic herb loaded with medicinal properties. The antioxidants in this herb can help rejuvenate damaged cells in the body and lowers blood sugar levels. It can also act as a blood purifier and remove toxins from the body.
Ingredients: 1 bunch fresh sage leaves, salt, olive oil
- Pinch off some sage leaves and heat fry it in olive oil over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer it to a plate and sprinkle generously with salt and serve.
5. Ayurvedic cumin elixir
Jeera (Cuminum cyminum), an Indian spice is a powerful herb in Ayurveda. It is an important part of spices in Indian food because it promotes healthy digestion and prevents many diseases related to digestion and abdominal organs.
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 250 ml water, honey.
- Roast the cumin seeds without oil in low flame until nice aroma comes out.
- Pour water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add honey and serve.
Food is considered as a powerful medicine in Ayurveda. These above-mentioned Ayurvedic food recipes cleanse you from inside out and nourish your health.