Ajwain khurasani, one of the most common ingredients in the desi dishes is loaded with super benefits for skin, hair and health. Ajwain khurasani is obtained from the ajwain plant (Carom plant). Ajwain in English is known as carom seeds and is also called Bishop’s weed or Omam (in Tamil) and ayamodhakam in Malayalam, is an Indian originated plant that has long been used in the ayurvedic system for its health benefitting properties.
Although Ajwain Khurasani seeds are mostly known for their use in the treatment of digestive problems, it has many other qualities that benefit your whole body. Ajwain seeds and leaves possess antimicrobial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-spasmodic, digestive, sedative and hypnotic properties. Moreover, Ajwain seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants, which makes it extremely beneficial for our overall health.
Here are 9 super benefits of Ajwain khurasani (Carom Seeds) For Hair, Skin and Health.
- Ajwain khurasani for Digestion. Ajwain seeds are considered as the best-known herb for indigestion. The active enzymes in Ajwain seeds increase the gastric acid secretions in the stomach, which can enhance digestive health.
- Ajwain khurasani for weight loss /controlling cholesterol. Ajwain seeds contain dietary fibre that helps remove excess cholesterol from the body and thus, aids in weight loss and prevents heart-related problems.
- Ajwain khurasani as a Mosquito repellent. Ajwain seeds contain fungicide and germicide properties that make them a natural Mosquito repellent.
- Ajwain khurasani for sexual health. Ajwain seeds are proven to increase sex drive in both men and women. Also, Ajwain seeds can boost sperm production and prevent premature ejaculation in men.
- Ajwain khurasani for dissolving Kidney stones. One of the major benefits of Ajwain seeds is its ability to dissolve Kidney stones. Regular consumption of these seeds can help break the kidney stone and removes it with the urine.
- Ajwain khurasani for lactating mothers. Including Ajwain seeds to the diet helps lactating mothers to stay hydrated, thus increases the lactation.
- Ajwain khurasani for ear and tooth pain. Ear pain and tooth pain are mostly caused by bacterial infections. The anti-bacterial properties of Ajwain seeds come handy in treating ear and tooth pain.
- Ajwain khurasani for skin. Ajwain seeds work miracles on the skin. It can purify and remove toxins from the skin. Applying Ajwain as a skin mask can help reduce acne, remove dead skin cells and provides a glow to the skin.
- Ajwain khurasani for hair. The nutritional benefits of Ajwain seeds help maintain strong, healthy and nourished hair. It can reduce hair fall, reduce dandruff and prevent premature greying of hair.
Ajwain Khurasani serves twin purposes. It not only improves the flavour of the food but also improves your health. It is loaded with nutrients, minerals and essential vitamins needed for the body. Thus, including this herb in your daily diet can help you lead a healthy and better life.